• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2023 MC Quads League

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
2023 MC Quads League

Rules:
8 teams of four players will play a round robin of head to head Quads games against the other teams over 7 months (one game per month).

Each team will play three or four games as the home team and three or four games as the road team. The home team picks the map (cannot be Classic or Europe massive) and the enforcement rules (allowance/type) and the visiting team picks the bonus escalation rule. All matches are chance.

The teams are awarded points by how they finish:
1st - 8 pts
2nd - 7 pts
3rd - 6 pts
4th - 5 pts
5th - 4 pts
6th - 3 pts
7th - 2 pts
8th - 1 pt
Winning team receives an 8 point bonus.
Someone that goes AWOL during a match and remains AWOL automatically finishes last. If multiple players go AWOL they will finish last determined by whoever went AWOL the longest.

At the end of the final month (Month 7) all unfinished games are ended with the finishing spots determined by whoever has the most troops left (tiebreaker of most territories).

After the 7 month regular season, the top 6 teams go to the playoffs.

The semi-finals will involve two matches of 12 player quads on the Europe Massive map.
Semi-Final #1 - 1 seed, 4 seed, 5 seed
Semi-Final #2 - 2 seed, 3 seed, 6 seed

The highest seed gets to pick the enforcement rules and bonus escalation rule.

After one month, any matches that are not finished will be determined by which team has the most troops left, with the most territories serving as a tiebreaker.

The two winners will advance to the final of an 8 player quad match on the Classic Massive map. The higher seed will pick the enforcement rules and bonus escalation rules. The match will continue until there is a winner left standing.

AWOL teammates can be replaced going forward after a match if a team desires. Teammates cannot be replaced if they participated and did not go AWOL, unless the player desires to leave the team (aka they can't be kicked off of a team by the other members) Teammates cannot be replaced in the playoffs unless there is an extenuating circumstances. Players that have played for one team cannot replace someone on another team. (You can't play on two teams in a season)

This league is not an official league of Majorcommand, but simply a league put forth by a member.

Last edited:

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
nice to see this. i dont grasp all the details yet. so these are 8 player quad duels, and there will be a total of 8 games per team in the first round? shouldnt it be 7 games if every team plays every other team once? and how is it determined whether the game will be home or road?

this bit i dont understand:

"Someone that goes AWOL during a match and remains AWOL automatically finishes last. If multiple players go AWOL they will finish last determined by whoever went AWOL the longest."

do you mean if an entire team goes awol it loses (that seems fair)?

great to see some kind of tourney. should there maybe be winning points? if one of the powerful-ones would be willing to assist, maybe there could be a buy-in, and then the winning team would have sth to take home besides glory?

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Anyone wanna team with me?

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
nice to see this. i dont grasp all the details yet. so these are 8 player quad duels, and there will be a total of 8 games per team in the first round? shouldnt it be 7 games if every team plays every other team once? and how is it determined whether the game will be home or road?

this bit i dont understand:

"Someone that goes AWOL during a match and remains AWOL automatically finishes last. If multiple players go AWOL they will finish last determined by whoever went AWOL the longest."

do you mean if an entire team goes awol it loses (that seems fair)?

great to see some kind of tourney. should there maybe be winning points? if one of the powerful-ones would be willing to assist, maybe there could be a buy-in, and then the winning team would have sth to take home besides glory?
Once, great questions!

So it would be 8 player quad duels. You play the other 7 teams once, one game a month, for 7 months.

So you did correct my terrible math. Each team will either have 3 or 4 home games. They'll be chosen completely at random.

Regarding the AWOL people...If all four opponents go AWOL, then they would finish 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th. If me and you went AWOL from Team A, and Tapeworm went AWOL for Team B, then it would depend on when we went AWOL:

6th - Once - Went AWOL in Round 9
7th - Tapeworm - Went AWOL in Round 6
8th - AllforSiam - Went AWOL in Round 3

It would be great to have points or prizes, but for the moment, it's just to have some fun Quad games. I know they're working hard to get everything back up and running, so maybe we can get a medal for the winners.

Thanks for the great questions. Hope to see you signed up. If you sign up as an individual, we can place you on a team. If you only have one or two teammates, you can sign up as an individual and request to be placed with certain people.

Siam

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Cool! I ignored all the team fields and submitted just the individual ones. I can edit it, I see, which I'll do once people join up to my team via this thread.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
ok, i am still a bit confused, now re the order in which players (and not teams?) "finish". but i am sure it will all become clear.

and you got your first team. lady periwinkle, herr von clarkenfeld, monsieur sannhetten, and myself are in. we will have a look at the sign-up form once we decided on a scary name. and on who wants to be captain.

re points - it is your tourney, and i am totally fine with playing for fun only. but i think it might motivate more players (32 could take a while to fill?), and seems like it could be a relatively easy adjustment by one of the centcoms that are not involved in the behind the scenes work of the site atm. i assume it is easy, i have never done this myself, sorry for the ignorance. i just know it has been done before. maybe @Cardinalsrule could weigh in?

and thanks! for organising this! i really miss the tourneys, great this is happening.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Thank you for organizing this @AllforSiam BUT why do we have to use Google forms to sign up? One of us needs to sign up with our email address. As a player I prefer NOT to give out my email address due to privacy. Electing someone on our team to do so isn't right as well. All sign up should be done here in the forums for transparency as well.

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Periwinkle, it's an optional field, so if you don't want to share your email, don't share your email.

I'm using google forms because it aggregates the information in one place for me in a clean format and also asks for all the information I would like. People signing up in the forum is messy, tracking down missed information, I have to sign into the forums, comb the forums, and take the data and organize it.

Also, the emails could potentially be helpful because without private games, the biggest challenge of the league will be getting 8 people to sign up for a game at the same time without a random person joining it. While the site does have an email feature, I still would have to manually type the user name, make sure it's correct and craft the message. Using emails is more accurate and more time friendly.

I get the privacy issue, so if you don't want to share it, that's up to you. But since I'm doing most of this manually, I'm going to utilize the tools that allow me to do it efficiently and with the least burden on me. As for the transparency, I plan on sharing as much information as I can in the forum throughout for fairness, engagement, and overall enjoyment!

Hope that allayed your fears as much as possible and you decide to join! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Siam

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
ok, i am still a bit confused, now re the order in which players (and not teams?) "finish". but i am sure it will all become clear.

and you got your first team. lady periwinkle, herr von clarkenfeld, monsieur sannhetten, and myself are in. we will have a look at the sign-up form once we decided on a scary name. and on who wants to be captain.

re points - it is your tourney, and i am totally fine with playing for fun only. but i think it might motivate more players (32 could take a while to fill?), and seems like it could be a relatively easy adjustment by one of the centcoms that are not involved in the behind the scenes work of the site atm. i assume it is easy, i have never done this myself, sorry for the ignorance. i just know it has been done before. maybe @Cardinalsrule could weigh in?

and thanks! for organising this! i really miss the tourneys, great this is happening.
So I did points for how players finish. So the winning team gets a bonus for winning the game. But if Once from Team A, and Siam from Team B are the last two players standing, and then you win. I wanted to offer a reward for finishing second for Team B. So there's points awarded for first through 8th depending on when you're eliminated. But the winning team can't end up with less points. If all four of your players are alive and well at the end of the game, you'll get more points for absolutely destroying the opponent versus a hard fought close game. So the standings will hopefully reflect how well your team is doing more than just wins and losses. We'll see, this will be a good learning experience regardless.

I'd like to do points and/or similar reward and if the scoreboard is up and running at some point in 2023 I'll probably ask for it. But at the current moment I'm not going to bog them down with additional requests. I support their efforts to get everything back to it's original glory.

We've got about 4 teams signed up at this point. So keep spreading the word and I think we'll get there. The questions are great, keep'em coming.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
yes ok. that makes sense to me now, and is a nice of way of grading games beyond mere wins / losses. thanks for your patient explanation :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
another question:
all the games are currently pointless. do you want points involved for your tourney? i am able to manually adjust points and i am willing to adjust points twice. first time to deduct points as an "entry fee" and the second time award points to the winner. this is separate from your scoring system correct?

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I am just happy to be playing! Someone tell me what I need to do...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'm sure AWOL won't come into effect.....none of the noobs read the forums so we should get 32 great players...just make sure you don't have one on your team.....a noob I mean :) me, Tapeworm, stormcat and daniel7 will be hard to beat....

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
looks like daniel7 is out and needpapertowel is in...we're harder to beat now......

AllforSiam

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
MC Quads League Update:
We have three teams signed up so far for quads league and seven folks that are free agents. So about 4.75 teams?
B-Babies - Periwinkle, Clarkenfeld, once, sannheten
Usual Suspects - bilsi, tapeworm, stormcat, needpapertowel
Turkish Peaches - AllforSiam, crimeariver, chrismudge, elturco

Free Agents -
IronDuke/BadKarma (they're a package deal)
StudioCity
Sfor97
Tankeater
AdmiralEquinox
MNatt

If any of the free agents want to form teams amongst themselves, feel free and let me know. Otherwise I'll pair you randomly once we get closer to the start date.

Tell your friends, tell your enemies. Tell someone. Sign up Here (preferred), or send me an email, or post it in the thread, I don't care.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
We've settled on the team name Reynah's Pack for the lot of myself, bilsi, stormcat, and needpapertowel.

EasyToKill

Awesome Player
Hi,
Thanks for doing this, Siam.
Cardinalsrule and I are in; need 2 more but truthfully he's a bit of an old curmudgeon and wants to know the people instead of taking "just anyone".
Anyone want to join us?

EasyToKill

Awesome Player
OK, so Cardinalsrule, Iron Duke, BadKarma, and Easytokill are a team.
We don't have or need a "captain", didn't fill out the form, hope that's OK, Siam. :)