• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2020 Clan Challenge

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
You need a minimum of 4 players in your clan...so start recruiting! You may continue to recruit clan members throughout the clan challenge. Respond below if your clan would like to be a part of the 2020 Clan Challenge!

Round 1
All teams play once against each other.
4v4 12D 1 anywhere escalate
3v3 nukes 1 path escalate
4v4 1984 1 anywhere flat

*Top 2 teams advance*
If there is a tie for 2nd place, another game 4v4 rome 1 anywhere flat to break the tie.
If there is a 3 way tie either 1st or 2nd place then it will be quads team assassin game rome 1 anywhere flat.

Round 2
4v4 Africa 1 path flat
4v4 British Isles 1 border flat
3v3 mars 1 border flat

Last day to sign up your clan is November 1st, 2020.

Participating Teams:Number of wins in Red
Whiners & Crybabies (periwinkle) 3
Old Soldiers Club (calume) 1
Young Guns (hortik) 3
BSquad (redstorm) 5

For every game the first clan mentioned has to set up the game and invite the other clan to join. If the game has started please post a link to the game in this thread.

Games Winning team in red

4v4 12D 1 anywhere escalate

W&C vs Old Soldiers Club
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/538943/

W&C vs Young Guns
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/538941/

W&C vs BSquad
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/538942/

Young Guns vs Old Soldiers Club
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/538962/

Young Guns vs BSquad
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/538963/

BSquad vs Old Soldiers Club
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/539013/

3v3 Nukes 1 path escalate

W&C vs Old Soldiers Club
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/540662/

W&C vs Young Guns
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/540666/

W&C vs BSquad
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/542150/

Young Guns vs Old Soldiers Club
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/540758/

Young Guns vs BSquad
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/540692/

BSquad vs Old Soldiers Club
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/540821/

next map up....

4v4 1984 1 anywhere flat

:party::party:

The clan gets to win this! (They can pick which colour they prefer)

Attachments

• 2020 clan champs A.jpg
    2020 clan champs A.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2020 clan champs.jpg
    2020 clan champs.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

CaptSweatpants

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Ready

The Old Soldiers Clan is every ready for challenge!

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Young Guns is in!

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, it wouldnt be a clan challenge if the BSquad didnt join in (and win it). :)

engelbrekt1390

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I will fight for b squad

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
I saw a BSquad light in the sky last night, we have once again been summoned into the fray, once again we assemble to defend the free world and most importantly hoard all of the clan challenge trophies.

The A Team must have been busy.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Check out the details of the clan challenge on the first post of this thread. The first post of this thread will be updated as needed with all the important information about the clan challenge.....till then...happy recruiting! :beers:

CaptSweatpants

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
So I'm unclear how 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 games represent a "clan" challenge? Seems like the more participants the more communication and coordination among the team members is required. The format above looks like an opportunity for the 4 horsemen... Peri, Engle, clark and (fill in the blank) to show off their 4 man team skills. . Based on my experiences I already know they are formidable and don't really need a reminder.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
4v4 12D 1 border escalate

peri, 12 D with reinforcement 1 border doesn't sound great. Would you mind changing the reinforcement to 1 path ?

Thanks for considering

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
I would also like path reinforcement for 12D, I think it makes it a more interesting game as it allows teams to create stacks, rather than slowly shunting troops towards the front line. I'd rather that that Reinforce: Anywhere or Reinforce: None too. Personally I think that 'path' is the best setting on 12D.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I strongly agree with those that say the 12D should be at least path reinforcement, if not 1 anywhere. Border reinforcement on 12D is a recipe for a very long game, not something I think we want in a format where ( think?) we want things to keep moving relatively quickly? :p

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
So I'm unclear how 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 games represent a "clan" challenge? Seems like the more participants the more communication and coordination among the team members is required. The format above looks like an opportunity for the 4 horsemen... Peri, Engle, clark and (fill in the blank) to show off their 4 man team skills. . Based on my experiences I already know they are formidable and don't really need a reminder.

Yes....that is the whole point of a team or a clan....you need to communicate and coordinate your moves, hence the 1 border reinf. Keep in mind engel is a Bsquad member but he likes to play with clark and I. I also like to play with other Bsquad members like edmondtheknight, tyme1risk, F15 etc. I like to play with the Young guns like hortik and micky. Ill play with whoever discuss strategies before each members turn. Up to you if you like to decline. The settings were chosen that communication is required among team members to do well. Border reinf takes some planning ahead which is the fun part...hence what makes it a challenge! :beers:

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I strongly agree with those that say the 12D should be at least path reinforcement, if not 1 anywhere. Border reinforcement on 12D is a recipe for a very long game, not something I think we want in a format where ( think?) we want things to keep moving relatively quickly? :p

1 anywhere...It was originally no reinf....but I like 1 anywhere...forces the team to discuss where to reinf.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

I also thought I would change things up and make it different from the last clan challenge I hosted. It is structured similar to organized sports...team vs team. Top 2 teams with the most wins advance to the final round. Assuming there are 4 clans....do the math...if each clan plays against every clan once per map...that is 3 games for the same map. This will allow a lot of playing opportunity for those larger clans.

Once this gets going...the first map will be 12D. All 3 games on the same map will be played until they are finished. Then we will move to the next map. This way clans with less members will not be burdened with the game load.

Btw, I have lots of other cool ideas for future challenges...maybe we one day we can have just a fixed force one? But I'm dreaming of course....:lollypop:

d-flat

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Young Guns
Yes....that is the whole point of a team or a clan....you need to communicate and coordinate your moves, hence the 1 border reinf.

Surely much more coordination between the teams is needed for 'path' or 'anywhere'? With 'border' one is mostly shunting troops tert-by-tert through one's own areas, whereas the other settings lend themselves to coordinated team effort where players are trying to join their regions and consolidate forces. There's not much incentive to join regions with a team-mate if it takes a week for your troops to get to them.

Inevitably, different people prefer different settings, and there are arguments for all of them, but this is my view.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter

What you said could be true if they were in the same Clan... However this is not the case :)

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
What you said could be true if they were in the same Clan... However this is not the case :)

Sorry Hortik, but CaptSweatP is right. They don't need engel because eric/brian/clarken/peri ... and they are in the same clan. But hey - so what? We are here for the challenge and, most of all - the thrill, suspense and FUN while discussing/debating/hesitating/brainstorming .... :five:

PS: May the dice gods be with us (especially me, as I can't seem to shake off that iceberg)

PPSS: Thanks for organising peri :)

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
M5deTEr.jpg

I'm rooting for the 'Old Soldiers Club' in this one.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
:rock::ciao:
Sorry Hortik, but CaptSweatP is right. They don't need engel because eric/brian/clarken/peri ... and they are in the same clan. But hey - so what? We are here for the challenge and, most of all - the thrill, suspense and FUN while discussing/debating/hesitating/brainstorming

PS: May the dice gods be with us (especially me, as I can't seem to shake off that iceberg)

PPSS: Thanks for organising peri :)

Interesting that you only mention the newest members of the clan. :wavey: :rock: