• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2 vs 2 tourney

Game settings

• Escalate 1 path

• Escalate 1 anywhere

Results are only viewable after voting.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I am!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Awesome. I'm figuring stuff out now. Will need your input. Gonna need Genghis to help me with the Google spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Here's what's etched in stone...

1. 16 teams, round robin, play each team once (15 games). Top 8 advance to playoffs., seeded 1 - 8. 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5...
Teams are re-seeded after each playoff round.
Finish first round the start next. No time limits.

Tiebreaker end of round robin is head to head. If 3 or more teams tie in points, gonna have to figure out. Head to head may work. Or the team with most 3 pointers...
2. Flat rate, Unlimited, Path is the setting for all games.
scoring I'm open to. Here's what I was thinking...3 points for a win if you eliminate both opponents. 2 points for a win if one of you are eliminated. 1 point for the loser if they eliminate one of you...

We could do 2 out of 3 for the playoffs?

Last edited:

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I like the idea of locked bonus/reinforce settings!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
scoring I'm open to. Here's what I was thinking...3 points for a win if you eliminate both opponents. 2 points for a win if one of you are eliminated. 1 point for the loser if they eliminate one of you...
Looking at maps now. Would like same map for all teams each round. Let me know what you think...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I like the idea of locked bonus/reinforce settings!
Thinking it makes it more fair and requires more skill rather than luck with cards...anywhere isn't realistic in real war either...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Looking at maps now. Would like same map for all teams each round. Let me know what you think...
Classic Evolved, Classic Antiguus, USA, South America, Philippines, The Forgotten Kingdom, Far East Asia and Sea of Japan...

No big maps till the playoffs...Don't want this to drag on.

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
If you're playing Flat Rate, it WILL drag on. That's why Escalite is a nice compromise (the Goldilocks setting in my opinion). But I'll still play even if you do Flat Rate. I'm in!

Stormcat

Awesome Player
I like the idea of the settings and maps being equal for all games. Not crazy about flat rate, unlimited path settings, to be honest. I think the combination would continue to help whoever gets the early lead (goes first?) I'd rather have some kind of compromise, such as escalite, 3 path. But happy to play however it gets set up. Thanks for doing this!

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
If you're playing Flat Rate, it WILL drag on. That's why Escalite is a nice compromise (the Goldilocks setting in my opinion). But I'll still play even if you do Flat Rate. I'm in!
13 medium maps, I don't think games with last all that long. Most will be over in 10 or 12...But I'm open to Escalite.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I like the idea of the settings and maps being equal for all games. Not crazy about flat rate, unlimited path settings, to be honest. I think the combination would continue to help whoever gets the early lead (goes first?) I'd rather have some kind of compromise, such as escalite, 3 path. But happy to play however it gets set up. Thanks for doing this!
I'll set up a poll to vote on...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Wondering who's interested...

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Pick a teammate. Need to figure out maps now. Don't send me your teams yet until everything is finalized...

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
always interested in a good tourney

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Sounds very nice. I like 2v2 very much. But like it is in 1v1 the first turn advantage is significant, Escalate partly compensates for this first turn advantage. So I would not vote either for escalite nor flat rate, but escalate.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Sounds very nice. I like 2v2 very much. But like it is in 1v1 the first turn advantage is significant, Escalate partly compensates for this first turn advantage. So I would not vote either for escalite nor flat rate, but escalate.
(Escalate compensates since the team that gets to start, is likely to get the first set, and with escalate the second team then will get a better set.)

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
is there any way to set things up (similar to quads) where we don't have to share personal info like emails? I'm currently in the Canary Islands and on the run from the government for massive tax evasion and alleged jaywalking accusations and I'd hate to get nabbed just because I love playing with you guys.