• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

#14 - How many simultaneous games do you play?

How many simultaneous games do you play?

• Less then 4 - I'm a Grunt and that's my limit

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Less then 10 - I have a membership, but I'm not crazy

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • 10 to 20 games - I like to get my money's worth

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • 20 to 30 games - It's just enough to keep me busy

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • 30 to 40 games - My family never sees me, and we're all happy

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 40 to 50 games - Can someone say addiction? Please send food.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • over 50 games - There's a medal for 50+ games, right?

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Maybe I am just way to addictive to MC, How many games is the average for playing in at any time. I am playing in about 60+ right now. How many games does everyone else have going on.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
So engineerairborne asked an interesting question....

How many simultaneous games do you play?

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
Maybe I am just way to addictive to MC, How many games is the average for playing in at any time. I am playing in about 60+ right now.

I'm in 23 right now. Maybe my record is 40 or something like that, and RT too, but before I joined games more at random and now I'm more selective.

I'm not a commander so I can't play crusades and fixed out of tourneys, and nowadays I normally avoid games with don't have any interesting players, all flat rate singles standard and mercenary, escalite singles standard, and all 1vs.1, except finals in tourneys, but I'm thinking about quitting those tourneys too.

Engineer I like to see the evolution of the games so I usually look at them also out of my turn, so if I were in 60 I wouldn't have time to eat or sleep :) As long as you can do that kind of things too, that's right.

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
When I first got my membership I went crazy joining games and I think I had around 100 going at once for a week or two. Now I'm between 10 and 20 at a time. In all my life I never met anyone who would play risk with me! My daughter was 10 at the time and we would talk about the mechanics and strategy and I would let her play a few turns - which I think drove some people crazy. Now she is 14 and last night she asked if we could play the board game together. Perhaps I finally have someone who will play in real life with me!

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
When I first got my membership I went crazy joining games and I think I had around 100 going at once

Yeah, same here. For a while I joined literally every game available and had probably about 100 simultaneous games for a long while.
Those days are gone though. Right now I have 13 games. Anything less than 10 and I get bored, anything more than 25, and I get overwhelmed.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Normally about 5 or 6 games at a time is enough to keep me going.

Roscokov

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
29 right now - which is actually pretty low for me I reckon but I am not actively chasing any medals right now so am being selective and there is no need for head2heads.

Half are tournament games and 2 of them I've been dead for months though

I will jump into almost any game if i see someone i don't think I've killed before though so it's still a problem ha.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
I'm in seven because my schedules a bit unpredictable! Stopped joining any new games a few months ago.

I'm usually in 40+ though, don't know how I did it! - I guess bored and in high school :p

Kjell

Awesome Player
I used to be in 10-20 games at once, but I don't have the time for it these days. I got 3 games going right now and I usually play a turn for each game every day.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I never really know as I don't count them...ever. if a game looks interesting for whatever reason strikes me at the time I join. Being retired makes it easier to get on and give it as much time as I want to.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
At this very moment, I have 15 active games, and 1 person from joining a game to being at 16. And I could make an argument that that is too many for me, at least during the spring-late fall months. I am trying to get it down to and keep it around 10. But then I go looking at games, and/or someone sends me an invitation for one that looks like it will be very good and interesting to me, and I sometimes cannot resist. So I've been around 12-15. But I WILL get it down to 10 or less. I think. Maybe. :p

At one point, right after I got a membership, I had somewhere around 50 games going. THAT was just entirely a ridiculous amount of games for me. Even during the winter now, I'm sure I'll be keeping it to around 20 or so, if that many.

flyboi

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I'm not a grunt, but I have difficulty playing more than four games at a time.

rodd

Awesome Player
Hello, majorcommand.
I'm from strategygamenetwork. just rejoined here and saw your post. There are many players from sgn like myself who play about 60 games on average. We do this by having the turn limit increased up to 120 hours per turn. most players don't take that long but it's a great buffer.
would love to see that here on OUR new site at MC.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
In my opinion, 120 is too long. 48-72 hours? Eh, maybe. :)

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
In my opinion, 120 is too long. 48-72 hours? Eh, maybe. :)

Overall, I agree with F15, but to each his own. I wouldn't object to see all of those added as possible game settings. I wouldn't join those games, but others might like them.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Overall, I agree with F15, but to each his own. I wouldn't object to see all of those added as possible game settings. I wouldn't join those games, but others might like them.

+1

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yes, if we were to do that, it would probably be an "option" during the game creation stage. 3 minute, 5 minute, 24 hour, 72 hour, or something like that.

kenjoh

Awesome Player
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
I could see adding it as an option, but I also wouldn't join a game where players could take 72 hours to play (or more than 24 hours for that matter).

Some games play pretty slowly already, probably because some players can only play once a day (which is fine). I prefer to have my games move along fairly quickly. I find that it makes the games more interesting when there is less time between my turns.

That's just my point of view.

TormentaBANNED

Awesome Player
I see my old post about the 20 games i played and i realize the huge amount of time i lost here lol. Now i play 4 at most, and much better. Now i mostly play while smoking, so my 2 addictions suppose the same time. I have lost the tourney doping, but well who cares, i prefer to play with players i like. I recommend it before you have to ask for professional help!

About the turn length, i would suggest 6 or 12 hours, there are a lot of players who systematically wait to the end, i've never understood why.

Longer turns could be an option too, but i don't know if there are many people who can't spend 5 minutes every 24 hours checking their phone.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
We do this by having the turn limit increased up to 120 hours per turn.

I have no opinion on this, I guess the more options the merrier, however, there have been games on majcom that lasted more than one year. I have never played on strategygamenetwork, but does this mean that you guys can have games that last 2-3-4 years?

About the turn length, i would suggest 6 or 12 hours

???

This would mean that one could skip turn even if the last thing before sleep and the first thing after sleep one does is checking majcom. Though I agree, sleep is for weak players, and IRL life is overrated. :dancing: