• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

12 kingdoms two man but with 1 reinforcement

rawrubtan

Awesome Player
can i get a game setting with only 1 reinforcement for the 12 kingdoms? thanks

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
not sure what you're asking for. You want that set up as a recurring game somewhere?

generalmuck

Awesome Player
He wants the reinforcement allowance in the 1v1 12D RT game to be changed from 3 to 1

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
I played a 12D Real Time game the other day. Triple reinforce speeds it up a lot. Not sure what the overall demand is for the different reinf types. I guess I can ask 1MC what he's heard, he plays a lot of real time 12D.

Any other real timers care to chime in?

generalmuck

Awesome Player
one reinforce instead of three makes the game slightly more strategic in my opinion. Timewise is more or less the same.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
one reinforce instead of three makes the game slightly more strategic in my opinion. Timewise is more or less the same.

Thanks for insight, General M.!
Agree that one reinf makes the game more strategic, and I prefer the setting for that reason.

Point two: (sample 40 most recent games) a) Three Reinf average game 11.5 rounds; b) One Reinf average game 14 rounds.

So the thing we should find out is whether Real Time 12D players generally prefer a bit longer tactical game, or a quicker hitter. Given the nature of 12D as a more tactical map, I would think the single reinforce would be preferential. Other maps can be played for more of a quick thrill.

Last edited:

rawrubtan

Awesome Player
The three reinforcement game is fast because if one guy has a hard start he is done for after 2 or 3 rounds. at least with only one reinforce he has a chance to recover. I played it with a great player 1mc the other night and it was an awesome strategic battle n spite of me losing all attacks for 2 and a half rounds. in a three reinforcement game, that game would be over instantly