• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Twelve Domains 12 Domains FF Bombardment

chesebr3

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
When you're playing Fixed Force on 12 Domains, how does the bombardment work?

Logic would tell me that if I bombard a 2 with, say, a 6, the neutral would become a 1 and I would lose one as well.

In a recent game, I bombarded a 2 in my domain, and it reverted to a 1 without me losing any troops. I was pleasantly surprised, so I built a strategy around that for the rest of my turn - bombard all regions in the domain so that they become 1's, which provide no defense in FF.

Everything was going well, and then one of the 2's in a domain did kill one of my troops. When I rolled to bombard the next territory, I rolled double ice - something that should never happen in FF in the first place!

1. Should I have lost troops when I bombarded the 2's - and just got lucky when the 2 provided no defense? (aka a bug worked to my advantage for a little while?)

2. Or do 2's in FF not defend against bombardment? In that case the bug was in defending against my attack, right?