• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

12 Domains - Beta different to original - Not Good

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
The Beta 12 Domains deploys initial troops in 6 domains each instead of just 4 domains. It changes the whole dynamic of the game in a bad way. It completely ruins the game as the deploy builds too quickly and the game now is more about luck than strategy.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
The Beta 12 Domains deploys initial troops in 6 domains each instead of just 4 domains. It changes the whole dynamic of the game in a bad way. It completely ruins the game as the deploy builds too quickly and the game now is more about luck than strategy.

yes....i also agree. this is for 1v1 and 2v2 (i think)...i prefer the original initial deploy in flash....definitely need some neutral towers/domains....the game play is different.

H-Barca

Awesome Player
Generals
Old Soldiers Club
I cannot get into my games. Am I missing something. The system keeps taking me to the Beta...can't get to HOME...am I the only one?

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I cannot get into my games. Am I missing something. The system keeps taking me to the Beta...can't get to HOME...am I the only one?

Sheriff shared that the old game engine has been disabled while they cutover to the new engine in this thread and will redirect to beta: https://www.majorcommand.com/forums/threads/10134-UPDATE-Jan-02-2021

Today we stopped the engine that controls the old flash games, and created a backup of the database at that very moment, essentially freezing all flash games in time.... The hope is to revive them at some point in the future. This includes the Tournament games too.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
yes....i also agree. this is for 1v1 and 2v2 (i think)...i prefer the original initial deploy in flash....definitely need some neutral towers/domains....the game play is different.

What exactly is the difference?

I mean, are we talking about 2 player games? Or 4 player games? Or how many? And what happened in the original that is not happening in the Beta?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
What exactly is the difference?

I mean, are we talking about 2 player games? Or 4 player games? Or how many? And what happened in the original that is not happening in the Beta?

oh yes...it's only for 1v1 games on 12D (not 2v2)...

ok...for 2 player (1v1) 12D....the flash site had 4 neutral towers and each person owned 4 towers each.

in the beta version....there are no neutral towers, so each player owns 6 towers each....changes up the game play significantly.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
oh yes...it's only for 1v1 games on 12D (not 2v2)...

ok...for 2 player (1v1) 12D....the flash site had 4 neutral towers and each person owned 4 towers each.

in the beta version....there are no neutral towers, so each player owns 6 towers each....changes up the game play significantly.

Okay thanks. I've made a note and we'll look in to making it the same as the Flash game. Thanks.