• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Official Scoreboard and Points (May the 4th be with you!)

Official

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
i just lost in another game where i gained points instead of losing them

correction: my point total is now correct, so i guess the points that were substracted before have now been added? not sure how to make this sentence make sense, but i think everything may be working correctly for me now

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
yes my score is correct too. all the wins and losses add up for me :)

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Looks like the scoreboard is fixed. And I just checked, received all my points today. Come on PW PRO...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Looks like the scoreboard is fixed. And I just checked, received all my points today. Come on PW PRO...
No, my points are still off. I can wait, can't spend points on anything ;)

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
No, my points are still off. I can wait, can't spend points on anything ;)
Can you tell me when this game started?
20/01 or 06/05

Attachments

• screencapture-majorcommand-beta-58228-2024-05-07-10_36_42.png
    screencapture-majorcommand-beta-58228-2024-05-07-10_36_42.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 3

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
yes my score is correct too. all the wins and losses add up for me :)
Mine are not correct. Have all games from April 1st on been counted or is there still some adjustments to be made.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Can you tell me when this game started?
20/01 or 06/05

That game started on 20/01. aka Jan 20th, so it does not count.

Just look for the date that says "Game On!". That's the start date.

Mine are not correct. Have all games from April 1st on been counted or is there still some adjustments to be made.

No, only games from May the 4th have been totaled so far. Our first attempt to calculate games from April 1st didn't work (to say the least), so we will try again shortly. But for now, only games from May the 4th and onwards have been tallied...

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Having just finished first game post-May5th and can confirm that my points have updated - I think correctly. For the first time in however-many-years!! Excellent.

I'm trying to remember what lists used to be on the old scoreboard. There used to be a Top Scorers list, but I can't remember what number it went down to. I do remember that I used to be able to find my position somewhere way down the list - but on the current list I'm nowhere near. So either the list is shorter, or the list is full of non-current-players. I know it's partly the latter, but I'm not sure I was ever in the Top100, so I'm wondering if the old list went further down the rankings.

There were also some other lists - can't remember what they were - consecutive wins I think, and 2 or 3 others.

I'm sure it's on the to-do list, but I think to capitalize on getting the points function back up, players (and especially new players) need to be able to at least have some chance of seeing themselves on the list - which I think means either making the list longer, or cutting out all the non-playing dead-wood.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Having just finished first game post-May5th and can confirm that my points have updated - I think correctly. For the first time in however-many-years!! Excellent.

I'm trying to remember what lists used to be on the old scoreboard. There used to be a Top Scorers list, but I can't remember what number it went down to. I do remember that I used to be able to find my position somewhere way down the list - but on the current list I'm nowhere near. So either the list is shorter, or the list is full of non-current-players. I know it's partly the latter, but I'm not sure I was ever in the Top100, so I'm wondering if the old list went further down the rankings.

There were also some other lists - can't remember what they were - consecutive wins I think, and 2 or 3 others.

I'm sure it's on the to-do list, but I think to capitalize on getting the points function back up, players (and especially new players) need to be able to at least have some chance of seeing themselves on the list - which I think means either making the list longer, or cutting out all the non-playing dead-wood.
The old list went to 200. There were also current streaks too.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
One thing I have noticed is that, while the scores are updating, ranks aren't

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

I updated the first post​

UPDATE : We tried to include games that ended between April 1 and May 4, but it caused huge discrepancies with some of the player's scores. As some of you noticed, there were players on the scoreboard with unrealistically high points. This was due to the large number of games that some players played between April 1 and May 4. We tried to think of a way to fix the issue, but in the end determined it would be much easier to only count the games that ended after May the 4th.

So, instead of the April fool's day points rollout we planned, we are going with a May the 4th be with you points rollout instead.

Bottom line. Points now work, so just have fun! 😄

Oh, and ranks do not update yet, but they will be fixed soon.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I know you have the longest todo list ever.....but when you get a chance, can you put the archive list in reverse chronological order in when they ended? I believe that is how it was before. That way when the game just ended, I can see who actually won and the points gained or lost. That game should be at the top of the archived list. Thanks! :)

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'm now getting email messages for my messages here...If that makes sense. Would be nice for turn start email...

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
NewSheriffInTown, A promise made is a promise kept. I find it rather silly that a coder cannot adjust the points back to the date of April 1st, as promised. So what if it is an extra effort. Many players on this site came back into the fold based on the stated April 1st date. This is a big disappointment and not very professional. GL getting the other items fixed.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The problem wasn't with adding points retroactively back to April 1st, the problem was with an inherent error with the way points were calculated between April 1 and May 4th. An error that caused huge discrepancies.

For example: I'm going to use real numbers, but not the real username:

Player 'Moonbeam' (name changed) played a whooping 148 games between April 1 and May 4. (True stat)

Their score at the time was fixed at 1225, a cadet.

So when they lost, they lost only 15 points (because of their low rank)
But when they won, they won 200 - 400 points per game, (for the same reason - it was calculated using only 1225 points)

The problem was that their score never adjusted after each win/loss.

So when they should have risen in score after each game: from 1225 to 2000 to 3000 to 4000 to ultimately 7000+ points, they just stayed a cadet with only 1225 points.

Meaning that they only lost 15 points after each game (as opposed to losing up to 100 per game)
And they won up to 200-400 points after each game (as opposed to winning a just fraction of that)

As you can see, there is an inherent error in the way points are calculated when your score does not adjust after each game.

That error might have been overlooked or even ignored if only 2 or 3 games were played per player. But the compounded effect of 148 games just blew the error way out of proportion.

It would be impossible to go back and take the points for each player, in each game, recalculate their scores after the game ended, and then transfer every player's ending score to the start of the next game, and do it all over again for every player in every game. The points in each game are fixed and cannot be manipulated. That ability simply does not exist.

Bottom line is we're just counting scores from games that ended after May the 4th. Sorry to break the news.

But the reassuring part is that 'Moonbeam' actually wrote to me last week after figuring out why their points were inflated so high, and they are perfectly fine with working their way up the scoreboard again. So I'm just happy they were okay with that.

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
FYI: I should mention. We still count games that started after April 1, as long as they end after May 4th.

So if you started a game in April, but it ended after May 4th, then you still get points for it.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
NewSheriffInTown, A promise made is a promise kept. I find it rather silly that a coder cannot adjust the points back to the date of April 1st, as promised. So what if it is an extra effort. Many players on this site came back into the fold based on the stated April 1st date. This is a big disappointment and not very professional. GL getting the other items fixed.
I lost a lot of points because of this.