• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2 vs 2 tourney

Game settings

• Escalate 1 path

• Escalate 1 anywhere

Results are only viewable after voting.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
How are the points distributed if a victory comes about after a player is taken out by his/her team mate? I think it shoudl be 3-0 and not 2-0 ...
(It is going to happen since it is a common strategy to win an escalate team game with help of your team mate's cards ...)
you mean 2-0 and not 3-0?

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
This is a 2vs2 tourney. I don't like the idea that you get a point for eliminating your partner. It's not real war realistic...you don't kill your allies...
3-0 if you win with your partner
2-0 if you win but eliminate your partner
2-1 if it turns into a 1vs1

Thoughts???

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
can we keep the scoring simple?

0 points for a loss
1 point for the win (if your teammate is dead)
2 points for the win if both players on the same team is still alive for the win.

done. it takes more skill to keep both players alive for the win...then to take someone out. and yes...ideally you don't want to kill your allies.

my 2 cents. ;)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
This is a 2vs2 tourney. I don't like the idea that you get a point for eliminating your partner. It's not real war realistic...you don't kill your allies...
3-0 if you win with your partner
2-0 if you win but eliminate your partner
2-1 if it turns into a 1vs1

Thoughts???
I agree with this, but Peri's idea is also good. So either way.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
originally by bilsi <> This is a 2vs2 tourney. I don't like the idea that you get a point for eliminating your partner. It's not real war realistic...you don't kill your allies... 3-0 if you win with your partner 2-0 if you win but eliminate your partner 2-1 if it turns into a 1vs1 Thoughts??? <>

My thoughts? If taking out your partner means the difference between winning or losing, and your partner is game, then I go with "all's fair in love and war" and "the means justifies the ends"

I've been in several battles where it comes down to the team mate is about to be wiped out and between that and the bonus cards, they outcome of the game literally hangs on who takes them out. Their team mate takes them out and the Team wins the victory or the team mate spares them and the other team takes them out and wins the victory.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
exactly....hence why i suggested 2 points for a win if the pair survives...1 point if you can't keep your partner alive. i think there should be some value for both players remaining alive for the win compared to only 1 of the 2....so pretty much a point for each surviving member on your team.

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I would be for keeping it simple. If you win, whether you take your own teammate out or not, you get 3 points. You won the match, why be punished by playing smart. Remember Hamburger Hill! It was bloody, but it was a victory.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I would be for keeping it simple. If you win, whether you take your own teammate out or not, you get 3 points. You won the match, why be punished by playing smart. Remember Hamburger Hill! It was bloody, but it was a victory.
disagree, but I disagree with all past wars...2vs2 need to keep your partner...Don't make sense taking him/her out...not war realistic.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
disagree, but I disagree with all past wars...2vs2 need to keep your partner...Don't make sense taking him/her out...not war realistic.
yes genghis it is playing smart for the win...looks like I'm one of the few here on MC that wants it realistic...Who kills their partner or Ally??? I get it in regular games for points, I've done it. 2vs2 not 1vs tourney...I'll start another when this is over...Will not punish taking out your partner...Gonna start a Fixed Force tourney as well.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
yes genghis it is playing smart for the win...looks like I'm one of the few here on MC that wants it realistic...Who kills their partner or Ally??? I get it in regular games for points, I've done it. 2vs2 not 1vs tourney...I'll start another when this is over...Will not punish taking out your partner...Gonna start a Fixed Force tourney as well. Unlimited, Path is the only realistic setting...Not sure about card bonus...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Team 7 and Team 10 have decided to start Round 2...Team 10 has finished their first game but Team 7 is still playing...That's good with me...If all teams want to do this, it would shorten the tourney length and we can start another one.
I was thinking of doing 3 rounds at the same time...Easy to play a turn 2vs2...
Of course, playoffs don't start until all games are over...

Next Tourney is a doozy 2 vs 2 .....Land Rush.....Flatrate.....Unlimited.....Path.....(there is a "doozy" in the dictionary).
Don't ask me to change anything :)

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Where do we sign up for the 2v2 LR Flat tourney? Bigshoes23 and I would kindly like to throw our hats in the ring.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
thanks once. Yes please report wins. I monitor every game so I can figure it out as well...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Anyone know how to 'see' completed games? They used to appear on the 'Archived' but not for me. My archived file is either full or not functioning and it's been that way for quite a long